Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sorry for the delay...

I want to post a quick message to apologize for the delay between entries, and to let anyone interested know that I haven't been eaten by lions or succumb to ebola. The last couple weeks have seen things really pick up over here. I am now having all of my classes (well, almost all of them) and a few of my side projects are starting to come together. In addition to that, there is one class left from last semester (solar energy) where the students still haven't taken the final exam. So they've agreed to let me try to sit for that exam too...which means a fair amount of cramming will be necessary in the upcoming weeks.

On top of all of that however, is the fact that internet access has been severely limited for over a week now, with all of Makerere University having no connection. The reason (and I swear I'm not making this up) - the university hadn't paid its bill for several months and had its internet service - to all 33,000+ students and thousands of faculty members - cut by the provider. What can I do beyond laugh at that (and make brief 30 minute internet stops at a local coffee shop)? :)

Hope the fall is going well for everyone!

Cheers!
Chris

P.S. For everyone in the central Iowa area, don't forget that this weekend is Fall Festival at Deal's Orchard! If you are able, make up for my absence by attending. Hopefully that way I won't be disbanded from the Deal family for missing it! :)

No comments: